Since its launch two or so years ago the Hampton range by Sanctum Garden Studios has proved hugely popular. This is because it is Planning Permission friendly, quick to install and a cost effective option.
The Hampton range comes in two standard sizes. This example is the larger of the two at 3 meters wide by 2.4 meters deep. The building comes in a couple colour ways, our favourite being the dark grey as chosen by this customer.
Helen and Miles the customers were taken with the idea of the Hampton because its size fitted perfectly in the space they had available. After making initial contact with Sanctum Garden Studios they went to visit an existing Hampton studio in Watford, they live in Hemel Hempstead so this was not far to go.
After their visit they were ready to place their order. They didn’t need Planning Permission because where they live, where they decided to position the building and what they are using it for meant that it fell under Permitted Development rules. It is important that you check your own position regarding Planning Permission early on in the buying process.
The key feature s of the Hampton are:
- Adjustable steel base frame and foundation system- no need for a concrete slab to be laid
- Clad vertically at the rear and sides with low maintenance weatherboard (offering a lovely woodgrain effect), the cladding is painted a dark grey prior to installation. The weatherboard is fixed to the timber frame which also has the PIR insulation in it.
- Full height glazing across the front with outward opening door with multi point locking, all double glazed (planitherm low e glass) is included. For the 3m model this is a single door (opening outwards) with two fixed glazed panels (with a chrome handle and Anthracite Grey RAL 7016 frames).
- The standard floor is unfinished structural ply – a commercial grade laminate ‘v’ groove flooring with 50mm skirting boards was fitted as an optional extra.
- Fully insulated floor, walls, and roof – PIR rigid insulation is used throughout .
- The roof is made from a composite roof panel manufactured by Kingspan (a worldwide market leader in cladding, insulation and roofing products) and is maintenance-free.
- Guttering at the rear.
- Internal electrics are already fitted in the wall of choice (two double sockets and directional spotlighting) and the outside connection was a junction box (or a hook-up plug via a caravan extension lead can be chosen if you prefer).
- The interior walls are ready for you to paint with an emulsion of your choice.
As you can see the Hampton has all the basics as standard. The price for the 3m x 2.4m Hampton is £5,995 including VAT and installation. There is also a delivery fee which is based on the distance you live from Sanctum HQ in the North West. In this case the delivery fee was £250.
There are options to tailor the design to your needs. Helen and Miles opted for an American Walnut laminate flooring which comes with white skirting boards, this cost them an extra £450. They were also able to choose the side of the room where the electrics are positioned and also the position of the door.
The Sanctum team were on site by 8am on the day of installation and the building was fully completed by the end of the working day. Once the installation team left site the customer had to organise the connection of the garden rooms electrics to the mains supply in the house.
So as you can see the Hampton is a great option of you are looking for a standard size garden room with quick installation and a great price point. For more information visit the Sanctum Garden Studios website or give them a call on 01204 460 450 to discuss your options.