In response to the current situation (Coronavirus) and the growth in numbers of people looking to quickly add an extra room in the garden for use as a home office, gym or den. The Green Retreats team have launched a new garden pod that is available as a self-build kit. You can also book the Green Retreats team to install it, if that is what you prefer.
Green Retreats are one the leading names in garden room design; they have been around since 2005. The Green Retreats team have been very agile at developing this new garden pod, which they are making available for a limited time.
They have taken the principles of their existing ranges and simplified the construction methods, and chosen a standard specification that is good, and scaled back the luxury options to personalise it.
In doing this, the Green Retreats team will be able to manufacture the kits quickly in their Buckinghamshire factory, and have them delivered to customers as soon as possible.
If you choose the installation option, which is £1,000 on top of the kit price, it will take the Green Retreats team one day to install your pod. If you plan to assemble the kit yourself, you will need a second pair of hands to help, but could still expect to complete it yourself in a day.
Three size options
Green Retreats are offering their self-build garden kits in three sizes: The Square, The Wide and The Long.
Looking at the dimensions, they are all popular sizes. It is interesting to see they have included a design that is deeper than wider, as we get a lot of people asking about this configuration.
- The Square - 2.4m x 2.4m x 2.47m high - Self-build kit £7,995 inc VAT or £8,995 inc VAT on a full installation basis.
- The Wide - 3.6m x 2.4m x 2.47m high - Self-build kit £8,995 inc VAT or £9,995 inc VAT on a full installation basis.
- The Long - 2.4m x 3.6m x 2.47m high - Self-build kit £8,995 inc VAT or £9,995 inc VAT on a full installation basis.
Delivery is free within 100 miles of the Green Retreats HQ, contact the Green Retreats team for a delivery price if you are further afield.
Great standard specification
Green Retreats have given their self-build garden room kits a great standard specification:
- Insulated floor, walls and roof
- Exterior cladding - will need an acrylic based paint applied within 6 months - make your mark with colour
- 1.8m wide uPVC sliding door - you choose if it is positioned to the left or right of the front wall
- uPVC lozenge-shaped window - you choose where it is positioned
- Laminate flooring - there is a choice of three finishes
- Surface-mounted electrical package - including lights, power points and a free-standing radiator
- 10-year guarantee
Ordering is easy
Like with the design, Green Retreats have made ordering their garden pods simple. You can configure your design on the Green Retreats website. In doing so, you choose your door and window positions and flooring finish.
You also need to book a virtual survey with the Green Retreats team. You complete a short form to do this, and they will then arrange a suitable time to have the video call.
Following these steps, the Green Retreats will give you your kit delivery date, or full installation date.
As you place your order, you will need to pay a 50% deposit for manufacturing to start. You will then pay the balance 24 hours before the kit is delivered.