Soundproof garden studios come in various levels from the addition of basic acoustic insulation through to full dead rooms, designed by specialist sound engineers. This is a good thing as every customer has different requirements. Crusoe Garden Rooms have built lots of different soundproof rooms.
Executive Garden Rooms have recently completed this bespoke music studio for a client in Wembley.
A music studio in the garden is a realistic option thanks to the high levels of acoustic insulation that can be used. eDen Garden Rooms tell us about this recent build.
Because they are highly insulated garden studios are not only thermally efficient but also acoustically efficient, but if you want to use your garden studio as a music room or recording studio you should consider some additional acoustic insulation.
Garden Spaces have designed a range of acoustic insulation packages for both new builds and as a retro fit for existing garden studios.
For integration into a new build garden studio Garden Spaces offer:
- Acoustic (high mass) plasterboard (12.5mm)
- Sound Blocker membrane (1.2mm) – insulation value of 22dB
- Quiet Panel (27.5mm) – sound insulation value of 44dB
- Sound proofing mat (2mm) – insulation value of 24dB
- Acoustic laminate underlay (4.2mm) – insulation value of 27dB
- Quiet Floor PLUS (15mm) – 50% better then high performance acoustic underlay
For post build fitting Garden Spaces offer:
- Acoustic “Egg Box” Foam
- Tegular Tiles
- Acoustic Corner Cube
- Acoustic Corner Traps
- Acoustic Wedge
For more detailed information about acoustic insulation for your garden studio visit the Garden Spaces website