Many buyers fear that bespoke design means expensive, but with garden room design bespoke means a building that is tailored to your garden, your needs and your tastes.
It is true that a bespoke garden room will cost you more than a comparable size standard design or modular build. But this price difference is often down to the extra features people tend to include when working with a bespoke garden room designer.
With bespoke garden room design you will work closely with the designer and will be able to have input into every aspect of the build – you’ll get to design the layout that works for you and have the final say in all the finishes used.
The bespoke design process:
• The process starts with a site visit normally conducted by a member of the garden room suppliers design team. This will allow you the opportunity to discuss all the elements you want to include in your garden room.
• The designer may do a napkin sketch of ideas to get an idea of layouts. They will also talk through material options to get an idea of the style and finish you want to create.
• The designer will talk budgets with you so it’s good to be clear on how much you are comfortable spending on the project – this is helpful for the designer to know; they don’t want to force you to spend more than you are comfortable with
• After the initial visit the designer will go away and work on a number of design ideas. They will put together a document featuring plans, elevations and probably a 3D visualisation of your proposed building – many suppliers will show the 3D model set in a photo of your garden which offers great context and a very real idea of what the finished room will look like. This document will also include detailed specifications and a quote for the work.
• Once you have decided on the design that works for you the buying process takes much the same route as other forms of garden room design. Bespoke design garden rooms are normally offered
as turnkey projects, meaning that the supplier will handle each stage of the build from initial site clearance through to the final decoration and connection of the plumbing and electrics to the mains supply.
• Because bespoke garden rooms are sold as turnkey projects, and you are quoted an all inclusive price at the start of the project, there should be no hidden costs as the project progresses – meaning that bespoke design offers great peace of mind as you are paying one fee to one supplier.