Swift Garden Rooms spotted a feature on the BBC news looking at the benefits of working from home. The report showed that the average Londoner spends 1 hour 15 minutes commuting to work and thats each way so two and a half hours a day! Just think of the things you could be doing in that time and the money you could save working from home. You can watch the feature here on the iPlayer
The report said that roughly 4.2 million of us work from home with another 1.8 million wishing they could.
One of the best ways to work from home is in a dedicated garden office which will give you the discipline of going out of the house to work, but offers all the flexibility of working from home.
Swift are bespoke garden office designers, this means they will work with you to create your ideal workspace.
Swift recently completed this garden office for a client who approached them with a very specific brief:
I came to Swift with a very specific brief in mind. Martin, Lee and the team helped me realise my ideal office. Martin was knowledgeable, communicative and approachable throughout, and Lee went out of his way to finish the job exactly how I wanted it. The team on site were a pleasure to have around. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Swift – the finished office is the envy of my friends!” – B Harris (London)
We think that Swift & Mr Harris have together created a very stylish garden office, that is quite different to some of the standard designs on the market. This is where bespoke design comes into its own.
The key features of a Swift garden office are:
- A robust, bespoke structure built for year-round comfort, privacy and security
- Impressive surroundings for meetings with all the technology you need!
- Air conditioning units for closely controlled temperature and humidity levels
- Internet, TV, telephone intercom and CCTV facilities
- Plenty of space for desk and sitting areas AND storage and filing
- Showers and W/C facilities, and somewhere to brew up or store cold drinks
- Built in home-office furnishings and fixtures – everything you need to work in comfort
- A tax efficient investment covered by a 10-year insurance-backed structural warranty
For more information about Swift’s bespoke design service visit their website or give them a call on 01625 875 588 to discuss your ideas.
If you are interested in learning more about buying a garden office check out our sister site The Garden Office Guide