[box type=”info” border=”full”]This is a case study by Swift looking at a unique garden room design set in a beautiful waterside location. As you will see the building has lots of designer features which could be inspiration for your own garden room design.[/box]
Swift have worked closely with their clients and their landscapers to produce one of their most stunning designs to date. Through careful listening to the aspirations of our clients and discussions with the landscape architect, we were able to produce a garden room that makes the very best of the rural setting, the pond-side location and the beautiful features being created in the garden.
What were the key elements that our clients sought?
- An impressive looking and contemporary structure that creates a focal point
- Materials that will suit the setting and not look out of place
- A permanent and substantial room with year-round use in mind – whatever the weather in this exposed North East location
- Large areas of glazing that can be opened onto a pond-side decking
- A wood-burning stove
- A kitchen area for refreshments and entertaining
This is what Swift included in the eventual design:
- A large building that incorporates eye-catching angled buttresses and glazed areas that span the new stream
- Walk-on glazing in the adjacent decking which shows the stream below as it flows into the pond
- A large deck with glazed balustrade overhanging the pond and with beautiful distant views
- A bespoke, high-end kitchen including movable gas cooker (so it can be positioned on the deck in the summer), fridge, microwave, sink and boiling tap
- A wood burning stove (fitted by specialists)
- Two sets of bi-folding doors that open up a large area of the room the decking
As you can imagine, there are numerous other features that make this a very special retreat for our clients to enjoy – somewhere to relax, entertain and spend quality time with the family. Swift have once again proved that they actively encourage their clients to think outside the traditional box and become the proud owners of something bespoke, personal and exciting.