In line with government guidelines for construction work, and having reviewed their own health and safety policies, many garden room companies are picking up tools on their on-site installations.
They are liaising with their current customers to ensure they are happy with work on-site work on their project commencing and agreeing on the measures that will be put in place to protect both customers and the installation team.
- Additional protective equipment including masks, gloves and goggles for installation teams.
- Systems in place for installation teams to work at least 2m appart from each other.
- Installation teams have smartphones so they can communicate with clients by video from the garden and discuss and show them elements of the project as it progresses.
- Cleaning regimes so that surfaces of the garden room are thoroughly cleaned as the job is completed.
- Portaloos delivered to site so that the installation team don't have to ask to use their client's loo.
Physical site visits are starting again too
Most garden room companies have set up virtual site survey systems so that initial design meetings can be held before meeting in person. We hear that as the design process progresses, in-person site visits are now being held, while ensuring that social distancing is respected. These site surveys are an important part of the buying process and are a key step in preparing for the on-site installation stage - both in terms of planning the actual build and preparing the right social distancing policy for the project.
As you can imagine, with the lockdown there has been a massive surge in interest in people looking at their options for an extra room, whether that be as a home office, gym or self-contained home for a loved one.
As a result, order books are filling up quickly. If you want or need your garden room to be built and ready to use this summer, you will want to get on and place your order soon, to avoid disappointment.
Should lockdown rules stop work again in the future, we know that companies are ensuring that should they have to press pause on installations, your position in their order book will just roll forward with nobody being slotted in before you!