It is a good idea to explore a garden room before buying. My Eco Space makes this easy for you, just book a free appointment for a Skype or FaceTime tour & consultation.
Garden Hideouts are purveyors of high-quality garden rooms, pods and shepherds huts. Visit one of their show sites to see the quality up-close.
Green Retreats are running a special Easter event! Get £400 off your garden room by visiting their showroom and exploring their 12 different show buildings over the holidays
Contemporary Garden Rooms are showcasing two of their pods this weekend at the Newport Agricultural Show.
Building With Boxes are looking for a new home for their show building. Built to a high specification with SIP’s core construction and aluminium doors and windows this would be a good buy for someone with the right garden.
Its always a good idea to see a garden room before you buy, and the largest indoor show site has just opened
See a Oazis garden studio by Croatian Cabin this weekend at the NEC, Croatian Cabin have a limited number of special offer rooms for show visitors and readers of this guide.
We recently profiled the Micro Pod Max on The Garden Room Guide and Grand Designs Live will offer interested parties the chance to experience the quality of this garden room up close. You will find Pod Space at G544 (opposite the VIP area) in the Grand Show Gardens section.
If you want discounted tickets for the show visit the Pod Space website for details.
Next week we will be showcasing another of Pod Spaces new ranges, the Eco Pod.
These are exciting times at O-Pod suppliers of the unique round garden room:
On Show at Gardeners World Live
O-Pod are exhibiting their unique garden rooms at Gardeners World Live from the 15 -19 June 2011 at the NEC Birmingham, stand G370 this is a great opportunity to see the O-Pod up close and experience the feel of spending time in the round! The O-Pod team will be on hand to answer all your questions and show you round.
Round Garden Rooms Have Great Feng Shui
O-Pod has been in contact with a feng shui expert who says:[quote]Energetically, round spaces have no build-up of stagnant chi (no corners) and allow for an even distribution of chi. As an office space this will allow great creativity, perfect for writing, design, or any other career that requires innovative ideas. Offices are not the only use for these wondrous little spaces. It would also be a great meditation space!”[/quote]
So, if you’re looking for a place to get creative an O-Pod is the perfect solution.
O-Pod Practice What They Preach
It’s great to learn that O-Pod is actually run from one of their round garden rooms, as O-Pod’s Gemma explains:[quote]It’s a testament to how much we love our buildings, it’s great to really work in the product which you design and sell, you get a far deeper understanding of its benefits”[/quote]
O-Pod are expanding their own office space by connecting a 3m O-Pod to a 4m O-Pod via an enclosed link – could this be a solution for your business too? Contact O-Pod for details
O-Pod’s sister company EcoHab are creating a unique domed shaped living spaces, check back in a few days when we will take a close look at this exciting range of living spaces.
For more information about O-Pod’s round garden rooms visit their website.
A few weeks ago The Garden Room Guide was awash with details of the garden room companies going to Grand Designs Live. One firm, Garden Spaces had designed the feature building for the Grand Gardens section of the show which was to be used as a garden design centre.
Our last article showed the visualisations which Garden Spaces had produced for their new Apex Duo range and we thought you would be interested to see the real thing! The garden room was such a success that Garden Spaces have been asked to design something new for next years show!
[flagallery gid=53 name=”Gallery”]
Gallery requires flash
The Garden Spaces Apex Duo has a high, standard specification:
- FOUNDATIONS: Pressure-treated timber bearers on dry mix concrete pile foundations in “normal” garden conditions.
- MAIN STRUCTURE: Floor, wall and ceiling are made from structurally insulated panels system (SIPS) – filled with highly thermally efficient expanded polyurethane. SIP’s thermal efficiency value, U = 0.27 w/m2 k (equivalent to 320mm of Rockwool).
- DOORS, WINDOWS and SCREENS: 1 off – 1.8m wide x 2.05m high French Doors and a variety of symmetrical side screens all 2.05m tall; all in aluminium (choice of 3 standard colours) with high security locking to doors, key operated locks to doors and high performance double glazing (Celsius Clear – Argon gas filled, heat reflective, thermal insulating, UV protective & easy clean) with toughened glass.
- ROOF CONSTRUCTION: SIPS dual pitched roof, covered in breathable waterproof membrane. Mertoshingle finish with matching ridge (30 year guarantee) and wooden soffit & barge boards (coated in Tikkurila ultra paint – RAL colour coded to exactly match the aluminium frames. Hidden black plastic rainwater guttering to both sides.
- EXTERNAL CLADDING: Western Red Cedar (zero maintenance) T&G external timber cladding.
- INTERNAL FINISH
Walls: Fully plastered finish & decorated interior (matt white) with 4” painted skirting boards.
Floor: Solid wooden flooring in a variety of finishes, or with round stud rubber tile flooring (various colours).
- FIXTURES & FITTINGS: 1 double dimmer light switch (brushed metal), 6-10 double power sockets (brushed metal), 8-16 internal recessed downlights (brushed metal), 2 external lights with top and bottom outputs (brushed stainless or anthracite) and consumer unit with RCD.