The ever popular Garden Spaces have launched an extensive new website which showcases their expanding range of garden rooms
Its been a busy summer for the Garden Spaces installing garden rooms including a couple of impressive larger multi room garden buildings.
A few weeks ago The Garden Room Guide was awash with details of the garden room companies going to Grand Designs Live. One firm, Garden Spaces had designed the feature building for the Grand Gardens section of the show which was to be used as a garden design centre.
Our last article showed the visualisations which Garden Spaces had produced for their new Apex Duo range and we thought you would be interested to see the real thing! The garden room was such a success that Garden Spaces have been asked to design something new for next years show!
[flagallery gid=53 name=”Gallery”]
Gallery requires flash
The Garden Spaces Apex Duo has a high, standard specification:
- FOUNDATIONS: Pressure-treated timber bearers on dry mix concrete pile foundations in “normal” garden conditions.
- MAIN STRUCTURE: Floor, wall and ceiling are made from structurally insulated panels system (SIPS) – filled with highly thermally efficient expanded polyurethane. SIP’s thermal efficiency value, U = 0.27 w/m2 k (equivalent to 320mm of Rockwool).
- DOORS, WINDOWS and SCREENS: 1 off – 1.8m wide x 2.05m high French Doors and a variety of symmetrical side screens all 2.05m tall; all in aluminium (choice of 3 standard colours) with high security locking to doors, key operated locks to doors and high performance double glazing (Celsius Clear – Argon gas filled, heat reflective, thermal insulating, UV protective & easy clean) with toughened glass.
- ROOF CONSTRUCTION: SIPS dual pitched roof, covered in breathable waterproof membrane. Mertoshingle finish with matching ridge (30 year guarantee) and wooden soffit & barge boards (coated in Tikkurila ultra paint – RAL colour coded to exactly match the aluminium frames. Hidden black plastic rainwater guttering to both sides.
- EXTERNAL CLADDING: Western Red Cedar (zero maintenance) T&G external timber cladding.
- INTERNAL FINISH
Walls: Fully plastered finish & decorated interior (matt white) with 4” painted skirting boards.
Floor: Solid wooden flooring in a variety of finishes, or with round stud rubber tile flooring (various colours).
- FIXTURES & FITTINGS: 1 double dimmer light switch (brushed metal), 6-10 double power sockets (brushed metal), 8-16 internal recessed downlights (brushed metal), 2 external lights with top and bottom outputs (brushed stainless or anthracite) and consumer unit with RCD.
Garden Spaces have designed a range of acoustic insulation packages for both new builds and as a retro fit for existing garden studios.
Garden Spaces have sent us their annual reports from the Consumer Protection Association. We appreciate this transparency, and seeing these certificates give you a clear idea of the level of service you are going to get from Garden Spaces, it’s a benchmark!
For more information contact Garden Spaces through their website.
Garden Spaces are launching this stylish new range of garden rooms at Grand Designs Live this spring. The Duo garden room is taking centre stage as the feature exhibit in the Grand Gardens section of this years show which takes place between 30 April and 8 May 2011 at Excel London.
But, if you can’t wait till then for information on the new Duo Range visit the Garden Spaces website!
For tickets to the show visit the Grand Designs Live website.
Contemporary garden room suppliers Garden Spaces have joined our garden room comparison tool Garden Room Compare, click here to see how they measure up!
Garden Room Compare is a FREE tool designed to help prospective garden room buyers compare garden room features and prices side by side
Garden Spaces offer a range of contemporary designed garden studios for use as a home office, gym, playroom, music room or just a quality space to relax.
Garden Spaces have four standard designs including a unique corner building; they also are able to cater to individual requirements with a bespoke design service.
The garden studios are built using SIP’s (Structural Insulated Panel’s) which are very thermally efficient having a u-value of 0.21 – UK building regulations recommends that a wall in a house has a u-value of at least 0.27 (the lower the u-value the better the performance) so the walls of Garden Spaces studios out perform current building regulations.
As standard a Garden Spaces studio is finished to a high specification with low maintenance Western Red Cedar tongue & groove external cladding. The doors and windows are fitted with security locks and are glazed with performance Pilkington K toughened glass.
The roof has a high quality EPDM rubber roof covering which is guaranteed for 20 years and has a life expectancy of 50 years. The roof also incorporates a rain water guttering system.[caption id="attachment_357" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Garden studio by www.gardenspaces.co.uk"][/caption]
Internally the garden studios are finished like a room in the house with plastered and decorated walls; the floor is finished with a hard wearing laminate in a choice of finish.
The electrical system is well specified with plenty of double sockets and recessed down lighters all finished with chrome plates, externally there are more recessed down lights.
If you want to personalise your building, Garden Spaces offer a range of upgrades including air conditioning, under floor heating and sedum roof coverings.
Garden Spaces are reasonably priced particularly as they include the foundation, starting at £10,000 including VAT for a 2.7 x 2.5m building. All buildings are guaranteed for 10 years.
Garden Spaces offer a nationwide service and have showrooms in Oxfordshire, London, Wiltshire, Northamptonshire and Cheshire so you can experience Garden Spaces build quality before you buy.
For more information visit the Garden Spaces website
For more Garden Spaces photos visit our Flickr page.