Fancy building a garden room yourself? Well, you might want to check out the range of SIPS self-build kits available from Modular SIPS. Modular SIPS offer their kits in six different designs ranging from a contemporary cube-shaped building to a mono pitched design with large expanses of glazing. Each range comes in multiple size options.
As standard, a kit from Modular SIPS will allow you to build the insulated core structure of your garden room, which depending on the size of the building could be assembled in as little as a day.
You will need to organise a suitable foundation onto which you would build the kit off. Modular SIPS recommend a ground screw foundation system which is quick to install and easy to level. You can order Modular SIPS prefered ground screw system with your SIPS kit.
This standard SIPS kit includes:
- 98mm thick panels for the floor and walls of the building
- 122mm thick panels for the roof of the building
- SIP joining slips – for joining the panels together
- C24 timbers to form the base and top plates of the walls and the openings around the doors & windows
- Fixings pack – including the screws, nails, jointing adhesive & foam
- Breather membrane & battens – to wrap around the exterior of the building
This kit would form the basis for you to choose & source the materials & finishes for the interior and exterior of the building. This allows you to make your mark on the final appearance of the building.
Prices for these standard kits start at £3,648 plus VAT & delivery for a 3-meter x 3-meter Classic range kit.
Extras you can order
- Modular SIPS can also supply you with:
- Doors & windows
- EPDM roof covering – a popular choice in garden room design
- Elite Cladding panels – these panels come primed and have a popular grooved profile
- Sedum roof – mats to create a green/living roof.
SIPS kits like this are a great option for the self-builder. Your core structure will go together quickly, and then you can make your mark on the finishing details. You could also save money on the overall project cost doing the work yourself.
To learn more about these self-build kits talk to the Modular SIPS on 01254 388 272 or take a look at their website.