So, you find yourself suddenly working from home amid the COVID-19 crisis, and you are looking at the space in your garden as a place you could build a home office pod. You might want to check out the range of pods by the Modular Group.
They are offering three standard size and design office pods that are available for quick delivery as either a self-build kit or as a complete building delivered on a lorry and dropped into place by crane.
Three home office pod sizes
Self-build office pods
The Basic Kit
The Modular Group are offering two self-build kits for each pod size. The Basic Kit comes with a SIP's core structure, waterproof membrane, roofing materials, windows and doors and external cladding - although they don't say what material this is, so check if you have options.
This Basic Kit does not come with a foundation system, so you would need to take the Modular Groups advice on the best system for their buildings. This Basic Kit also does not include an electrical package or internal finishes - this could be an opportunity to make your mark on the interior space!
The Full Kit
Modular Group also offers a Full Kit, which includes the parts of the Basic Kit plus an internal cladding kit, flooring, skirting boards and an electrical pack. You still need to consider a suitable foundation system.
Short lead times
Currently, the Modular Group can supply their self-build office pod kits in about 2 weeks after order, but this is dependant on demand.
Office pod kit prices
You can purchase the kit outright as you order or spread the payments over five years with Modular Group's finance options:
Basic Kit Prices
- 2.5m x 2.5m - from £3,995 +VAT & delivery or from £85.35 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 3.8m - from £4,995 +VAT & delivery or from £106.71 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 5m - from £6,250 +VAT & delivery or from £133.53 per month with finance.
Full Kit Prices
- 2.5m x 2.5m - from £4,995 +VAT & delivery or from £106.71 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 3.8m - from £5,995 +VAT & delivery or from £128.08 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 5m - from £7,500 +VAT & delivery or from £160.23 per month with finance.
Quick build times
The Modular Group have designed their home office pods to go together with relative ease. Depending on your DIY competency, you would expect two people to be able to build the pod in 1 to 3 days.
You would need to factor in the time for the foundation to be installed and for an electrician to wire up the pod and connect it to the mains supply.
Buy a pre-built office pod
The other option is to order a pre-built pod from the Modular Group. You can order either the basic specification where you are left to organise the electrics and the internal finishes. Or the full specification where the interior finishes and electrics are fitted.
The pre-built office pods are delivered to you on a lorry and craned into position. How much this costs will depend on how easy the access is from the road to your proposed site. The Modular Group will advise you on this if you call them on 01254 375 010.
Buying a pre-built pod, you will still need to think about a suitable foundation and factor in the cost of connecting the pod's electrics to the mains supply.
Pre-built office pod prices
- 2.5m x 2.5m - from £5,500 +VAT & delivery or from £117.50 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 3.8m - from £6,995 +VAT & delivery or from £149.44 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 5m - from £8,500 +VAT & delivery or from £181.60 per month with finance.
Full Kit Prices
- 2.5m x 2.5m - from £5,995 +VAT & delivery or from £128.08 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 3.8m - from £7,500 +VAT & delivery or from £160.23 per month with finance.
- 3.2m x 5m - from £8,995 +VAT & delivery or from £192.17 per month with finance.