Having been involved in the industry for many years Quentin Farrow from SIPS Garden Rooms was recently reminded of a German product he came across a few years ago when working with a previous Garden Room business, but never took the idea forward.
[quote]We were installing a Garden Room on a very steep slope in Bath and the team was struggling to dig the mini piling system we usually use because of the torrential rain!”[/quote]
He remembered seeing this particular product being used in a jetty application with the Ground Screws being driven into the soil around the water’s edge; so they purchased a few and haven’t looked back since.
To some this product may seem a bit of an overkill or a case of over engineering, but when you’re spending large sums of money on a Garden Room it’s good to know that the foundations will last as long as the EDPM and would support a much heavier overall weight.
Here are some of the USP’s which caught our eye:
Ground screw benefits:
- Quick, easy and concrete free: no excavation, no wet trades, no curing time and less disruption to your garden
- Low impact, vibration free process which helps protect tree roots
- Quality material, galvanised to ISO1461 (UK and European standard), ensuring reduced corrosion and improving product life (overall lifespan of 50 years)
- Made from 75-80 per cent recycled steel
- Suitable for both granular and cohesive soil types and works well with sloping sites
- Easily removable, if required, with minimum impact to the landscape
For more information visit www.sipsgardenrooms.co.uk