This month in our Garden Rooms Magazine we focus on buying a granny annexe. More and more families are looking for ways to bring their older relatives into their homes and a granny annexe in the garden is a great solution.
The Garden Escape have extensive experience in the garden room industry and have built several garden annexes, here they offer some valuable advice:
We all need a little help sometimes and caring for elderly relatives is something that many people wish they could do a little closer to home. By 2029 it is predicted that nearly 40% of the UK’s population will be over 50 and whilst the majority of the older generation will be independent, there are many who require care. Becoming a carer for a close relative is often more beneficial than finding someone else to be on hand. Often one of the main problems is finding the space to give all your loved ones room of their own. Tucked away at the bottom of your garden is space for the whole family, a garden room can be made suitable for a modern day granny annexe.
- A new building in your garden doesn’t have to be reserved for work or pleasure, it can be a space dedicated to making sure that your family is close by. There are a number of ways in which you can ensure that your garden room is an effective granny annexe:
- A garden room gives you the reassurance that your elderly relatives are just a few moments away and that they are comfortable in a space that they can call their own.
- During the colder months insulation is essential and low-energy heating systems mean you won’t be left with an expensive winter bill.
- Designing a multi-room garden building also opens up a range of washroom and sanitation options, meaning that all of the essentials for your family will be convenient and under one roof.
- Speak to a specialist about how your garden building can be made wheelchair accessible or suitable for those that have mobility issues. Make sure that the installation of grab rails, seat and hinged arm support, ramps and alarms is available, should your relatives need it, so that they can be independent in their own space.
A Garden Escape is an easy way to provide additional rooms for elderly relatives and create the perfect granny annexe. One that ensures they have everything they need within an inspiring and motivating environment. Bespoke garden rooms give you the opportunity to work alongside a specialist to create the perfect design for you and your family. Our team have years of experience and can help relieve extra stress by delivering a full service and taking care of all the paperwork.
To find out how The Garden Escape can help you create the perfect garden room for your family, get in touch online or call us on 0800 917 7726.
Pick up your copy of our Granny Annexe Guide, here