We’re rather excited by the new range of self build garden rooms / offices offered by Building With Boxes, they’ve cleverly combined all the latest building techniques, with a sharp style, and we are sure the concept will prove very popular with those of you looking to build your own garden room / office.
The Building With Boxes range is produced by Building With Frames who have extensive experience in housebuilding, and they have adapted this experience in modular building for the DIY garden office sector.
Whilst we know there are a lot of people who fancy building their own garden room, this range is not limited to just the self builder, the kit can also be purchased, delivered to site and constructed by a local builder.
The Building With Boxes design unitises the popular Structural Insulated Panel (SIP’s) building system which has revolutionised the garden room industry, not only are they quick and easy to install, but they create a highly insulated building which will be comfortable to use all year round.
The garden room kits include everything you will need to build the room (the groundworks need to be organised seperately) and the list includes some high spec materials, such as Alu Clad high performance Rationel windows and doors.
The self build range comes in four standard sizes which are available off the shelf, for quick delivery:
Micro: 2.4m x 2.4m £5,760 plus VAT but including delivery
- Modus: 2.4m x 3.6m £8,640 plus VAT but including delivery
- Max: 2.4m x 4.8m £11,520 plus VAT but including delivery
- Mega: 3.6m x 3.6m £12,960 plus VAT but including delivery
As you can see the prices are very attractive and you could make a significant saving building the room yourself compared with similar specification fully installed garden rooms.
What the kit includes:
- From DPC upwards
- Shell constructed from 150mm SIPS panels. Panels cut and delivered ready to erect.
- Roof constructed from SIPS panels with a fibre glass finish
- Floor – SIPS panels.
- Alu Clad high performance Rationel windows and doors.
- Locations of windows and doors are dependant on the size of Box selected.
- Cylinder dead lock on the sliding doors .
- External Cladding – 140mm Cedar cladding for 3 sides.
- Cement Render board for the rear of the build.
- Birch Ply for internal walls.
- V Grove routed panelling board for ceiling and back wall.
- All cables and sockets for power provided. (You will need to engage a qualified electrician to undertake this work, to comply with Building Regulations).
- Drawings and details for the completion of the build all provided.
- All components for erecting the shell structure provided. Timber, fixings , foam etc
- All fixings and details for the completion of the build provided.
As well as these standard designs, Building With Boxes offer a bespoke design service which creates a kit for your unique design.
The Building With Boxes website is very informative, and showcases several more innovative options, such as kits to create self build living annexes, self build extension kits and a rather fun looking Golf Box which includes a golf simulator!
So, if you fancy creating your own garden room or office, this new range provides you with everything you need.
For more information visit the Building With Boxes website or give them a call on 01872 273757