If you are looking for a garden room in Scotland, there is a new name to check out, Bothy Garden Rooms. Based in central Scotland, they build their contemporary style buildings throughout the country.
The Bothy Garden Rooms team have designed four ranges of highly insulated garden rooms in a contemporary style. Three of the designs are flat-roofed and offer the maximum flexibility in positioning. They also offer a pitched roof design, which creates a spacious room with a vaulted ceiling. The four ranges are named after mountains: Macdui, Nevis, Cairngorm and Cuillin. These photos are an example of the Macdui range, designed as a home office.
You can buy any of these designs as standard, or they can be customised to meet your needs and tastes. For instance, extra windows can be incorporated to frame a view or the size of the building can be adjusted to maximise the space you have available.
3D models enable you to visualise your building
The Bothy Garden Rooms team make use of 3D CAD technology so that you can easily see what your garden room will look like before it goes into production.
Well specified construction
The specification for Bothy Garden Rooms reads well, making use of thicker timbers in the core structure than often seen. The rooms also feature a thick layer of rigid, foil backed Polyurethane insulation. The standard specification includes:
- Adjustable pad foundation system
- C16 structural grade timber frame (usually 145×95 floor & roof, 95×45 walls)
- Rigid, foil backed Polyurethane insulation throughout (90mm min)
- EPDM roof membrane
- Electrics package including 1KW oil filled radiator, remote control external downlights, internal downlights, 3 double sockets
- Siberian Larch cladding with UV protection as standard
- Oak effect laminate flooring with oak veneered MDF skirtings and plasterboard painted to the customers choice of colour.
- UPVC framed double glazing
The following upgrades are available:
- Western Red Cedar or thermally modified timber cladding
- Aluminium framed glazing
- Triple glazing
Bespoke fitted furniture
Interestingly, the Bothy Garden Rooms team can also design and fit bespoke furniture for the interior of the room. Using high-grade Birch Plywood they can design contemporary pieces which can help maximise the space in your room.
Once you are happy with the design and have placed your order, work will start in the Bothy Garden Rooms workshop fabricating the structure of the room. Typically, work will start in your garden five weeks after ordering. The on-site process takes around two weeks to complete the build from foundations to internal decoration and connection to the mains supply.
Prices for Bothy Garden Rooms start at £7,950.