With their latest build in Esher, Surrey Garden Fortress not only built a garden room but transformed the garden around it.
Before work started on the garden room element of the project the Garden Fortress team undertook:
- Clearing all overgrowth
- Demolishing the existing brick structure
- Removing old planters and pathways
- Building new sleeper style planters
- Excavating and levelling the whole of the rear garden
This work took the team of two 6 days to complete. They then moved onto the garden room element of the build.
The garden room is 4m x 3m and in Garden Fortress’s contemporary style with cedar cladding and grey joinery. All Garden Fortress garden rooms have a plastered interior creating a room like those in a modern house. The customer added the following upgrades to the standard specification:
- Canopy roof with exterior downlight
- Cedar decking to front and side elevations
- Additional grey sliding door to access decking area
- Exterior ‘up & down’ lights to side elevation
- Remote control unit for exterior lighting
- Upgrade to interior downlights
We particularly like the way a double aspect has been created by adding the second set of sliding doors.
This garden room was built from scratch onsite – no prefabricated panels were used. It took a team of two core workers plus plasterer, electrician etc 10 days to fully complete which isn’t at all bad for a total onsite build. The video below shows the progress of the build:
For more information about Garden Fortress’s work visit their website or give them a call on 01372 602 686 to discuss your ideas.