Abode 4 has recently launched a range of garden rooms designed as year round, self contained living space, each model comes with its own fully functional bath room and kitchen area kept cosy with central heating. They are built to building regulation standards, in the UK by craftsmen that have over 20 years experience and have better energy ratings than an average UK house.
Abode 4 are addressing both domestic market and the leisure industry market providing affordable residential units intended for use in gardens and other open spaces. On the domestic side Abode 4 are providing a cost effective solution for people looking to provide additional rooms for guests, older children yet to leave the main house, older relatives that may need more attention but still want independence or possibly Landlords looking to leverage their existing investments. On the leisure side Abode 4 want to offer an alternative to staying in a normal hotel room and stay instead in a suite in the grounds or as an alternative up market product in the holiday leisure parks. In short Abode 4 provides a building that is built to the existing building regulation standards but in a way that attracts minimal VAT and in most cases planning permission is not required.
There are 6 core models ranging from a Studio layout at 19m2 up to 2 bedroom twin unit at 53m2. Over the range Abode 4 have 3 styles first is the entry product called “City”, then “Contemporary” and then “Rural”. Where the base design does not allow for a mono pitch then the cladding specs apply.
City – Mono pitched roof, with textured rendering, uPVC windows and doors as standard.
Contemporary – Mono pitched roof, with tongue and groove larch wood cladding, softwood windows and doors as standard.
Rural – Dual pitched roof, with larch wood shiplap cladding finish, hardwood oak windows and doors as standard.
The mid range contemporary level for the studio would include:-
- Low maintenance horizontal Siberian larch cladding that looks great and is naturally resistant to the elements.
- Insulated wood frame for the floor, walls & roof to provide max insulation for sound and heat retention.
- Softwood folding external door & windows all double glazed with energy efficient glass in grey/green.
- Painted plasterboard internal lining to walls with hidden joints.
- White planked ceiling.
- Wood effect flooring throughout.
- Fully functional bath room including 1.4m x 0.9m shower enclosure, soft close WC, Inset vanity basin.
- Hideaway kitchen with 42 litre fridge, inset single SS bowl c/w mixer tap (as per Lilac). Microwave & drawer.
- Water central heating system off LPG combi boiler Inc heated towel rail.
- Low energy lighting package including – Wall lights, LED Strip lights and ceiling light.
- Plenty of wall sockets, light switched and TV aerial point.
- Storage cupboards.
- Fitted wardrobes with dresser / desk area.
- Sliding internal door to bath room
There are various options available within the ranges including kitchen configurations by Magnet and bathroom fixtures and fitting from Kohler, Karndean flooring. Externally Red Cedar cladding and Aluminium windows and doors can be added if preferred. A furniture package is also available. All models have insulation levels that you would expect in a standard domestic house and a central heating system powered by LPG. Units covered by 10 year structural guarantee.
If you are thinking of extending your living space the Abode 4 option gives you the means to do so without having an army of builders in your home for weeks causing disruption and mess. You can forget the time and expense of requiring plans to be drawn up and in 95% of the time getting planning permission granted (or not). Unlike a lot of building works Abode 4 have a fixed price and VAT is not applicable on the main unit so once we agree on a price that’s it.
Abode 4 garden rooms take approx 8 to 10 weeks for construction off site; the finished fully decorated unit is then transported to location. The client needs to prepare relevant ground works in terms of electric and water /waste.
Abode 4 garden rooms start at £24,950 for the studio up to circa £52,000 for a 2 bedroom lodge abode. Both ex works Inc VAT.
For more details on these self contained living spaces visit www.abode4.co.uk or call them on 01749 899669